3 Different Types of SEO and how StudioHawk Rocks your SEO World with all of Them.
You have heard of the term SEO. We’re guessing you’ve heard enough about it because here you are, on StudioHawk’s page where we tell you all about SEO. But did you know there are 3 types of SEO? Did you know we’re here to help you in all areas of SEO to get you up that Google page ranking?
The three kinds of SEO are:
- On-page SEO – Anything on your web pages – Blogs, product copy, web copy.
- Off-page SEO – Anything which happens away from your website that helps with your SEO Strategy- Backlinks.
- Technical SEO – Anything technical undertaken to improve Search Rankings – site indexing to help bot crawling.
Let’s look into these in more detail and show you how StudioHawk helps you with all of them.
What is on-page SEO?
The short answer is all the copy on your web pages which help you rank. SEO tuned blog content, title tags, image alt-tags, internal links between relevant content.
Google still looks for keywords on your website to match the search queries it runs. From its white paper on “How Search Works”:
“Next, algorithms analyze the content of web pages to assess whether the page contains information that might be relevant to what you are looking for.
The most basic signal that information is relevant is when a webpage contains the same keywords as your search query. If those keywords appear on the page, or if they appear in the headings or body of the text, the information is more likely to be relevant. Beyond simple keyword matching, we use aggregated and anonymized interaction data to assess whether search results are relevant to queries. We transform that data into signals that help our machine-learned systems better estimate relevance”
StudioHawk has an article on how you canimprove your on-page SEO.
How does StudioHawk help you with On-Page SEO?
In your monthly reports, we suggest blog article ideas. These are based on keyword research, what people are looking for in your industry, what searches are trending, and other such data.
You can take these blog suggestions and write them yourself. Or you can get the new StudioHawk Content Team to write them for you.
We also make suggestions for the copy on Product Pages and Category Pages, the meta descriptions, page titles, and more.
We’re always on the lookout for what keywords and long-tail keywords are trending and can help you rank.
What is Off-Page SEO?
Off-Page SEO strategies are actions taken away from your website. Things we can do for you where we’re not changing the content on your pages.
The biggest component of Off-Page SEO would be backlinks. This is where external websites, which are relevant to your business and have a good Page Authority, put a link on their site which leads back to you. Through this process Google transfers some of their Page Authority to your website, hence raising you up Google’s SERP.
Other off-page SEO can include:
- Social Media Marketing.
- Guest Blogging.
- Brand Building.
If you have great content but no rank then you can lose out to similar pages as you that DO have rank.
How does StudioHawk help you with Off-Page SEO?
As a pure SEO Marketing Agency, we help you with the backlink strategy. We endeavour to get your content out there and in the eyes and minds of other authoritative websites, to link back to you and to increase your Page Authority.
Our SEO experts use industry tools to find websites perfect to link back to yours, and we only involve those sites which have an awesome Page Authority. We make sure you’re getting some strong backlinks for your bucks.
Have a read here to understand more about backlinksand how they can help your ranking. And we have an article consideringhow many backlinksit takes to rank with Google.
What is Technical SEO?
Russ Jones fromMozsays “Any sufficiently technical action undertaken with the intent to improve search results”
Technical SEO can include indexing your website in such a way that it is easier for Google’s web bots to crawl and index your site.
Want to know how Google crawls your site?
More technical SEO can include reducing the image file size on your site (technically on-page SEO), so your webpage loads faster.
It also includes optimising your website for mobile use. Google is rather keen on this metric for page rankings now since so many people are using mobile devices to search and navigate the web.
How does StudioHawk help you with Technical SEO?
We report on broken links, site architecture, and XML site mapping, to show you how you can make your site look better to Google’s bots, and to feel better for people when they land on your page.
We can also help you with website migration, to ensure the structure for your new site suits the Google bots, so they can index you and rank you sooner.
What are the most important SEO factors for 2021?
According to theGrow Hack Scalewebsite, the top 10 Google SEO Ranking Factors for 2021 are:
- High-quality relevant content –On-Page SEO
- Solid Keyword Strategy –Off-Page SEO
- Trustworthy and Secure Site-Technical SEO
- High-Quality Backlinks –Off-page SEO
- Mobile Friendliness –Technical SEO
- Optimised Images –On-Page SEO
- Fast Site Speed-Technical SEO
- Great Site-wide UX-Technical SEO
- Domain Authority –Off-Page SEO
- Schema Mark up-Technical SEO
This list changes every year depending on different trends, and on the opinion of some different people. In 2020 Backlinks was third on the list for importance.
The first takeaway is that SEO is more complicated than just finding the right words and using them. While Content is number 1 on the list, there are many more factors behind that number 1 spot you need to consider.
It is only with a comprehensive combination of all 3 kinds of SEO that you will see positive results in the SEO game.
Get in touch with usif you want to know more about SEO and get yourself on board with us to soar up the Google rankings.
What are the 3 steps to successful SEO? ›
- Step #1 Get to Know Your Buyers and Their Search Habits. ...
- Step #2 Optimize Your Website and Add New Content. ...
- Step #3 Maximize Conversions From Website Visitors.
- On-page SEO. Our Beginners Guide to SEO outlines the basics of search engine optimization, and on-page SEO is one of the easiest and most common ways to boost site visibility. ...
- Off-page SEO. ...
- Local SEO. ...
- Technical SEO.
Simply put, the fundamentals of SEO can be boiled down to The 3 Cs: content, code and credibility.What is the golden rule of SEO? ›
Well-written content engages the reader, increases search engine rankings and traffic, and increases the likelihood of quality links from other sites.What are the main techniques of SEO? ›
- Learn from your competitors.
- Prioritize low-difficulty topics.
- Update old content.
- Fill content gaps.
- Create content hubs.
- Get more backlinks.
- Optimize internal links.
- Fix broken links.
SEO is divided in two parts: On-page SEO and off-page SEO. On-page SEO refers to all techniques that can be implemented on your website to improve your ranking in SERP (search engine results pages), whereas off-page SEO refers to everything that can be done outside of your website to improve its visibility on the web.What are SEO tools? ›
What Are SEO Tools? SEO tools provide data and alerts about the overall health and success of your website. They help uncover areas of opportunity and identify weaknesses or issues that may prevent you from ranking and earning visibility in the SERPs.What is basic SEO? ›
SEO means Search Engine Optimization and is the process used to optimize a website's technical configuration, content relevance and link popularity so its pages can become easily findable, more relevant and popular towards user search queries, and as a consequence, search engines rank them better.What makes good SEO? ›
Quality, authoritative content is the number one driver of your search engine rankings and there is no substitute for great content—this is especially true when doing SEO marketing. Quality content created specifically for your intended user increases site traffic, which improves your site's authority and relevance.What 4 pillars are important in SEO? ›
- technical SEO: How well your content can be crawled and indexed.
- content: Having the most relevant and best answers to a prospect's question.
- on-site SEO: The optimization of your content and HTML.
- off-site SEO: Building authority to ensure Google stacks the deck in your favor.
What is the Golden Triangle in SEO? ›
The Golden Triangle is a distinct area of intense eye scan activity that is shown in the diagram below. It's important to understand that the Golden Triangle pattern is seen in first time visits to a results page. I find it easiest to think of it as a storm map. The darker the area (Red) the higher the eye traffic.What should be avoided in SEO? ›
- Slow Site Speed. ...
- Bad Reviews on Google. ...
- Faulty Google My Business Verification Code. ...
- Lack of Location-Specific Pages. ...
- Duplicate Content. ...
- Broken Images and Missing Alternative Texts. ...
- Outdated Content and Information on Site. ...
- Not Optimizing Your Website for Mobile.
Don't over-prioritize keywords
Keyword research has long been considered a cornerstone of SEO. Creating content that features the keywords and terms your target audience are searching for seems like the most logical approach. However, using these keywords to excess will seriously harm your SEO strategy.
Using veiled text in your SEO may also get you in trouble eventually. Other common illegal SEO tactics include link farms, using doorway pages, and the misuse of redirecting links. To get the most out of SEO, it's best to be conversant with the various applicable ranking factors, regulations, and best practices.How can I improve my SEO for beginners? ›
- Complete Keyword Research.
- Develop Long-Form Content.
- Tell Google Which Pages Not to Crawl.
- Create Easily Digestible Content.
- Create Unique Page Titles.
- Accurately Describe Page Contents.
- Use Headings and Formatting.
The first and most important element of on page SEO is of course; your content. If you're content isn't interesting to read, you probably won't get many views and a high search engine ranking. That's why it's very important to write 'VUUSP-content'.What platform is best for SEO? ›
- SEO Tester Online.
- SEO PowerSuite.
- Search Engine Land. Search Engine Land provides insights into Google and other search engine updates and explains industry trends. ...
- Moz. ...
- Content Marketing Institute. ...
- Backlinko. ...
- Ahrefs. ...
- SEMrush. ...
- Bullseye. ...
- Search Engine Journal.
If you've wondered, “Can I do SEO myself?” the answer is definitely. You don't need to hire an outside agency to improve your SEO, and this guide gives you some basic SEO tips to get started.How do I master SEO skills? ›
- Step 1: Master The Basics. ...
- Step 2: Dive Deeper Into The Technical Side. ...
- Step 3: Create An SEO Process. ...
- Step 4: Optimize Your Content. ...
- Step 5: Build Your Backlinks. ...
- Step 6: Don't Forget About Humans. ...
- Step 7: Never Stop Learning.
What is the best keyword tool? ›
- Google Keyword Planner.
- Long Tail Pro.
- Keyword Tool.
- Moz Keyword Explorer.
These SEO metrics help measure whether your current strategies are working, how effective they are, and where there's room for improvement. Some of the most common SEO KPIs include rankings, organic traffic, backlinks, and pages indexed.What are the steps of SEO? ›
- Reporting & Goal Setting.
- Content Building.
- Page Optimization.
- Social & Link Building.
- Follow Up Reporting & Analysis.
The checklist also covers information about best practices for title tags, meta descriptions, header tags, and more for on-page SEO. We explain how to do keyword research and incorporate keywords into your content. We cover off-page SEO strategies as well, including the importance of building backlinks.What are the main things in SEO? ›
- Keywords. Keyword research is the first step to a successful SEO strategy. ...
- Meta tags. Meta tags still play a vital role in SEO. ...
- Content. It's true, content is king. ...
- Backlinks. If content is king, then backlinks are queen. ...
- Social media. The algorithms have truly changed since social media first emerged. ...
- Product images.
- Crawl your website.
- Conduct an SEO audit and define your site architecture.
- Update URLs, page titles, and meta descriptions.
- Make sure your keyword is in your URL.
- Include your keyword throughout your page.
- Track keywords and topics for each page.
- Don't keyword stuff.
- Use effective titles and headings.
- Write strong meta descriptions.
- Optimize all images.
- Include a number of internal links.
- Provide a user-friendly design (on desktop and mobile)
- Optimize page speed.
- Make use of navigation and sitemaps.
- Lean into semantic HTML.
- Google Analytics and Google Search Console. Level: Beginner through to advanced. ...
- Clearscope. Level: All levels. ...
- Semrush. Level: Intermediate through to advanced. ...
- Ahrefs. Level: Advanced. ...
- Moz. Level: Beginner through to intermediate. ...
- Surfer SEO. Level: All levels. ...
- SE Ranking. Level: All levels. ...
Before you start any active SEO efforts, it's important to make sure your website has content that engages and helps its users. Data shows that pages with 2,000+ words of content typically rank higher in Google search than pages with short, light content.What is the first step to start SEO? ›
Defining the relevant keywords is the first step in creating a search engine optimized website content. By using the keywords and building your themes around them will create content that gives answers to Google searches.
When choosing keywords for SEO What 3 things do you need to consider? ›
Find keywords with search traffic potential. Make sure you create content that aligns with search intent. Make sure the keyword has “business potential” Make sure you can rank for the keyword.